DHP last month posted two new trend reports to your subscriber dashboard. Enrollment Trends Year-Over-Year Comparison, 2019-2020 compares DHP’s full health insurer data set representing first quarter 2020 against the data set representing first-quarter 2019 update, while Enrollment Trends, 4Q2019 vs. 1Q2020 compares first-quarter 2020 data to the previous quarter.
Each report provides the most salient datapoints between the time periods contained; be sure to check out the quarterly change report for analysis of the COVID-19 pandemic’s impact on the industry since the fourth quarter of 2019.
And summer is providing no break in activity for the healthcare industry; newsfeed topics for July include the following:
Second-Quarter 2020 Financial Results
• Anthem Says Commercial Enrollment Dip Was Less Than Expected, But More Attrition to Come
• Centene Sees Lower Than Expected Enrollment Boost
• Cigna MLR Reaches Record Low as Insurer Beats Expectations
Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures and Other Market Moves
• Clover Health Plans Expansion to 108 Additional Counties
• Cigna Taps Priority Health, Oscar to Bolster Offerings
• Molina to Acquire Certain Aspects of Passport Health Plan
• Is Molina the Next Aggregator of Smaller Medicaid Plans?
• Advocate Aurora Health Pursuing Partial Acquisition of Quartz
• Centene Agrees to Acquire Next Level Health Partners Membership
State Medicaid Developments
• Nebraska Medicaid Expansion Enrollment to Begin Aug. 1
• Pennsylvania Names Medicaid Winners, but Pending Protests Hold Up Enaction
• Oklahoma Voters OK Medicaid Expansion Initiative
• N.C. Lawmakers Approve Compromise Bill on Transition to Managed Medicaid
COVID-19 Industry Impact
• UnitedHealth Stresses Boost From Deferred Care Won’t Last
• Insurers Aim to Help Providers Avoid Crisis-Driven Consolidation
• Federal Exchange Sees Enrollment Surge Due to COVID-19 Pandemic
Need more help? Contact email@example.com with questions about how to use or interpret the information provided to you in AIS’s Directory of Health Plans. A member of AIS Health’s support staff would be happy to provide a free demonstration of the website for clients needing more guidance on how to best use this tool.