Your DHP editors have updated the search engine content and selected Enrollment Data spreadsheets to reflect post-publication corrections from Cambia Health Solutions. The insurer discovered some errors in its survey submissions for the 2017 Directory, so our source at Cambia provided us with updated listings for all six of its MCOs.
Check out the new in-app download, Top 10 Fastest-Growing Health Plans Thrive by Diversifying Product Lines, which examines the market moves of the top 10 plans with more than 1 million lives that saw the highest growth percentage from the 2016 edition of the Directory.
In the coming weeks, DHP will release an updated list of exchange entries and exits nationwide. You’ll be able to see at a glance which insurers intend to enter or leave each state’s exchange for 2018. We’ll update you when this report is available on your DHP Dashboard.
With continued debate on ACA repeal and replacements, the health insurance industry continues to prepare for what lies ahead. Be sure to keep an eye on the newsfeed for coverage of the following topics:
The Senate Bill to Replace the ACA
• Senate Unveils Proposed Revisions to BRCA
• While Anthem Gives Thumb Up, Kaiser Permanente Nixes Senate Bill
• As Senate Republicans Delay Health Care Bill Vote, Medicaid MCOs Brace for Cuts
• Senate’s Version of AHCA Would Slash Medicaid Funding, Too
The 2018 Marketplace Landscape
• Alaska’s Section 1332 State Innovation Waiver Application Approved
• New Reports Suggest ACA Exchanges on Upswing, but Experts Feel Less Sanguine
• Blues Plans Take Divergent Exchange Paths, With Some Hiking Rates, Others Dropping Out
• Exchange Savvy to M&A Potential: Investor Days Spark Interest
• Report: More Than 40% of Counties Might Only Have One Exchange Plan in 2018
• CMS Actuary Expects Fewer Uninsured from AHCA Than CBO Does
• Centene to Expand Exchange Offerings in 2018
Health Plan Market Moves for 2018
• Humana, Oscar Health Partner on Products in Nashville
• CO-OP Minuteman Health to Convert to For-Profit
• Cleveland Clinic Makes First Foray into Insurer Business with Oscar Partnership
• Evergreen Health Expects Growth, Returns to Maryland Individual Market as For-Profit
• Melody Health Insurance Acquires Colorado Choice, Unveils Name Change
Medicaid Developments at the State and Insurer Level
• In Second Year of IA Health Link Program, MCOs Still Pursue Actuarially Sound Rates
• Medicaid Plan Exits May Disrupt Enrollees, but Not Care Quality
• CareSource to Begin Serving Georgia Medicaid Enrollees
• Centene’s Magnolia Health Selected to Serve Mississippi Medicaid Recipients
• Nevada Governor Vetoes Medicaid for All
• New York Tells Health Insurers: No Exchange, No Medicaid for 2018
• Medicaid for All: What Happens in Las Vegas May Not Stay in Las Vegas
If you’re new to DHP or haven’t used it in a while, check out our Frequently Asked Questions for more insight into how the enrollment fields add up, how the counted medical lives compare with population, and info on how to apply the full capability of the database to your projects.