January 2020 was a busy one for the healthcare industry, and the DHP newsfeed on your subscriber dashboard has it covered.
Centene completed its acquisition of WellCare nearly a year after announcing the deal; immediate impacts include the divestitures of Centene's Illinois Medicaid and Medicare Advantage plans, WellCare's Missouri Medicaid and Medicare Advantage plans and WellCare's Nebraska Medicaid plan, which have closed. No changes to the two companies’ structures in DHP will be made until the next update – we will keep you posted on any changes made that will affect the data.
Other announced pending acquisitions, covered in the newsfeed this past month, include the following:
• Molina to Acquire NextLevel Health Partners
• Bright Health Agrees to Buy Brand New Day
The Medicaid space also saw some activity, as states canceled contracts and reissued RFPs in the wake of new parties in political power in 2020, amongst other factors. DHP covered these developments on the Medicaid front:
• Hawaii Awards Medicaid Contracts
• Kentucky, Louisiana Medicaid Rebids Have Silver Linings
• Louisiana Cancels Medicaid Contracts
• Nebraska Applies for Two-Tiered Medicaid Expansion Waiver
• Kansas Reaches Compromise on Medicaid Expansion
• Kentucky Reissues RFPs for Managed Medicaid Contracts
• Kansas Medicaid Deal Has Implications for Expansion Holdouts
• Paramount Health Care Scales Back Ohio Medicaid Markets After Financial Losses
• New Kentucky Governor Cancels, Rebids State’s Medicaid Contracts
Finally, public insurers are beginning to report their fourth-quarter 2019 financial results, while the beginning of the year marked new joint ventures and product offerings. Stay tuned for 2019 results and 2020 projections, including the following:
• Anthem Blames Rising MLR In 4Q on Flu Season, HIF
• UnitedHealth Owes Strong 2019 Results to UHC, Optum Units
• Friday Health Plans Gains Foothold in Colorado Marketplace
• Cigna, Oscar Launch Joint Small-Business Products
Need more help? Contact email@example.com with questions about how to use or interpret the information provided to you in AIS’s Directory of Health Plans. A member of AIS Health’s support staff would be happy to provide a free demonstration of the website for clients needing more guidance on how to best use this tool.