DHP editors have updated the ACO Directory In-App download to include the most recent accountable care agreements. Be sure to head to subscriber-only dashboard to see new value-based contracts between insurers and providers, including several that were announced in early February.
We have updated this download as part of the initial stages of our research cycle for AIS’s Directory of Health Plans: 2017 Edition, which began earlier this month. New data for 2017 will be posted in May, and at that time, the 2016 data will be removed, so be sure to keep that in mind as you use the website. We will be posting reminders as our publishing date approaches.
Subscribers should also be on the lookout for a state-by-state breakdown of open enrollment results, which we are aiming to post in the next few weeks. Early results indicate that enrollment in state-based exchanges surged, while federally facilitated exchange enrollment decreased slightly.
Also this month: U.S. District Courts blocked both blockbuster mergers – Aetna and Humana, Inc., and Anthem, Inc. and Cigna Corporation. Check out DHP’s coverage of both developments and their immediate impact, and find out what will happen going forward.
Don’t forget to keep an eye on the newsfeed for the latest on the Trump Administration’s plans for the Affordable Care Act, as well as developments surrounding the 2017 marketplace. Recent topics include:
Growth in 2017 in Medicare Advantage and Marketplaces
• 4Q 2016 Earnings for Centene, Humana, WellCare Indicate Growth
• For 2017, Insurers Anticipate MA Growth to Hold Down Medical Costs, Lift Earnings
• Some SBEs Report Double-Digit Enrollment Gains for 2017
• Enrollment Snapshot Suggests Big January Jump in MA Figures
The Future of the ACA Under Trump
• Block Grants Would Slash Federal Medicaid Budget, Constrain Growth
• Is Trump’s Executive Order All for Show, Or Could It Topple Key ACA Provisions?
• Trump Takes First Stab at Killing ACA with Vague Exec Order
• Aetna, Anthem and Cigna See Positive 4Q Earnings Amid ACA, Exchange Uncertainties
Merger and Acquisition Activity and Developments
• Anthem Intends to Appeal Court’s Decision to Block Deal; Cigna Will Move On, Grow
• Capital BlueCross Acquires Majority Interest in Vibra Health Plan
• With Aetna-Humana Deal Blocked, What MA Opportunities Remain?
• Aiming to Keep ‘Aggressive’ Rivals Apart, Judge Favors DOJ Over Aetna, Humana
• Judge Says Aetna Tried to Duck Antitrust Scrutiny; Investors Sue
• Court Blocks Aetna-Humana Deal; Is Anthem-Cigna Next?
Share your subscription with colleagues for free: Purchasers (the main person on the account) have the ability to share DHP access among 10 users. To invite colleagues to share your access, go to the upper right of your dashboard to My Account, then click My Subscriptions. You will see a button that says Invite Users next to AIS's Directory of Health Plans. Simply type in the emails of the people you want to invite and then click Invite at the bottom of the list.
We advise you to please check your invitation list now to be sure all your invitees have established their access; invitations expire after 30 days if they don't complete the procedure, but you can always re-invite them. How can you tell if your invitees have successfully logged on? "(subscriber)" appears after their name in your invites list. If you don't see that, then they are in danger of expiring and you should remove them and invite them again. You or your subscribers should contact us directly at DHPuserSupport@AIShealth.com regarding any website access questions.
All invited subscribers are welcome to email us at any time at DHPUserSupport@AIShealth.com for help or advice on using the data or the website. We are here to help you get the most value possible from this database.