The new year has brought now-familiar turmoil in all sectors for insurers, particularly those in the Medicaid and public exchange markets. While Medicare Advantage enrollment surged this annual enrollment period, commercial insurers will continue to face challenges, particularly from the repeal of the individual mandate. DHP is tracking the ups and downs in the public and private sectors through the newsfeed.
Also, ICYMI, in the wake of CVS Health Corp.’s agreement to acquire Aetna Inc., DHP last month posted a new In-App Download, Timeline of CVS/Aetna Acquisitions, Joint Efforts. The infographic highlights 10 years of market moves and joint ventures from the two industry giants.
To stay on top of early 2018 developments, be sure to read our coverage of the following topics:
• Amid Cost Pressures, Employers Eye Commercial Benefit Design
• Health Reform Uncertainty Is Top Challenge for Blues CEOs
• 2018 Exchange Enrollment Snapshot
• Centene Unit Pays Fine, Resumes ACA Signups in Wash.
• Uncertainty Continues to Cloud Managed Medicaid Market
• MAOs Are Advised to Stay Sharp, Watch for Market Disruptors
• As MA Enrollment Grows, Group Plan Membership Surged in AEP
If haven’t used DHP in a while, check out our Frequently Asked Questions for more insight into how the enrollment fields add up, how the counted medical lives compare with population, and info on how to apply the full capability of the database to your projects.