The AIS Data Team has posted new data to the subscriber dashboard Online Search Tool and In-App Download Enrollment Data Spreadsheets. This data primarily reflects first-quarter 2019 status; all related in-app downloads and special reports now reflect the most recent data.
In addition, since our last update:
• A refinement in our methodology for UnitedHealthcare (#1263) resulted in the ability to attribute all enrollment to a state, primarily affecting group-risk enrollment. Texas, Florida, California, Missouri and Arizona saw the largest group-risk increases because of this development. Consequently, we have removed Column C (enrollment not attributed to states) in 1.2-State Totals in the Enrollment Data Spreadsheets workbook.
• Following expansions in several states, Bright Health (#1894) increased its enrollment by nearly 80% in the first quarter, primarily in the individual market.
• The Virginia managed Medicaid market continue to grow in the wake of the state’s expansion efforts; overall enrollment in the state increased 7%.
Notable changes from the fourth quarter include the following consolidations and departures:
• Physicians Plus Insurance Corporation (#99) ceased offering risk-based plans in 2019.
• Timber Products Manufacturers Trust (#1252) was removed because its enrollment is already counted in ASO/self-funded figures for Premera Blue Cross and LifeWise Health Plan.
• Enrollment for Catholic Special Needs Plan, LLC/ArchCare Advantage (#1318) is now included under GHI, an Emblem Health company, which operates the PACE plan.
• Riverside PACE (#1327) stopped offering PACE services in late 2018.
• Premier Health Plan (#1860) ceased marketing commercial plans in 2019.
• West Virginia Family Health Plan, Inc. dba West Virginia Family Health (#1864) is now fully owned by Highmark Health; the Medicaid plan will end June 30, 2019.
For this update, we added one new MCO: Aspirus Arise Health Plan (#1976), a Wisconsin-based insurer previously included under Arise Health Plan's record (440), is now its own record after Aspirus Health Care took full ownership of the health plan.
Need more help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about how to use or interpret the information provided to you in AIS’s Directory of Health Plans. A member of AIS Health’s support staff would be happy to provide a free demonstration of the website for clients needing more guidance on how to best use this tool.