The AIS Data Team has posted new data to the subscriber dashboard Online Search Tool and In-App Download Enrollment Data Spreadsheets. This data primarily reflects fourth-quarter 2018 status; all related in-app downloads and special reports now reflect the most recent data.
We are pleased to alert you to a new spreadsheet in the Enrollment Data Spreadsheets download: Market Share State Segment, in which we’ve calculated market shares for any entities with at least 0.05% of a market as defined by the geography (state/national) and market segment indicated. We added this feature in response to subscriber requests, so please continue to let us know how we can continue to enhance our reporting.
In addition, since our last update:
• Several state Medicaid programs saw shifts in managed Medicaid enrollment due to contract changes, including Florida, New Mexico and Puerto Rico;
• Virginia’s newly expanded managed Medicaid program resulted in big gains for Virginia Premier Health Plan (#389) and Florida MHS, Inc. dba Magellan Complete Care (#1795);
• Because of changes to regulations governing MA competition, insurers with MA cost plans in certain counties were not permitted to offer these plans in 2019, resulting in decreases in MA enrollment. Insurers in Minnesota, including Medica and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota, were particularly affected.
Notable changes from the third quarter include the following consolidations and departures:
• Health Tradition Health Plan, Inc. (#434) was consolidated into WEA Trust’s (#1110) record following its acquisition.
• Baptist Health Plan (#448) ceased operations at the end of 2018.
• Soundpath Health (#1260) was acquired by and consolidated into Premera.
• Lighthouse Guild Vision + Health (#1311) is no longer enrolling members.
• USHealth Group (#1730) no longer offers primary medical coverage.
• CareConnect Insurance Company, Inc. (#1784) ceased all policy coverage as of Oct. 31, 2018.
• Fresenius Health Plans (#1895) is no longer offering plans in 2019.
• RiverLink Health (#1901) is no longer offering plans in 2019.
• Vista360health (#1917) left the health insurance market for 2019.
New entrants to the database included mostly public-sector insurers launching plans in early 2019. New insurers in Medicare Advantage (MA) markets included:
• Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company (#1891)
• Longevity Health Plan (#1942)
• Vitality Health Plan of California (#1943)
• Solis Health Plans (#1944)
• BayCare Health Plans (#1945)
• CarePartners of Connecticut (#1946)
• Devoted Health (#1947)
• Doctors HealthCare Plans, Inc. (#1948)
• American Health Advantage of Tennessee (#1952)
• Lasso Healthcare (#1953)
• Valor Health Plan (#1954)
• Stockton PACE (#1973)
The following Medicaid insurers were also added to the database:
• Plan de Salud Menonita (#1950)
• Miami Children’s Health Plan (#1958)
• Lighthouse Health Plan (#1957)
• Vivida Health Plan (#1956)
• PrimaryHealth of Josephine County (#1868)
• Florida Community Care (#1959)
The AIS Data Team also added two commercial insurers based in Puerto Rico: Plan Medico de Bella Vista (#1972) and MAPFRE Puerto Rico (#1975).
Need more help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about how to use or interpret the information provided to you in AIS’s Directory of Health Plans. A member of AIS Health’s support staff would be happy to provide a free demonstration of the website for clients needing more guidance on how to best use this tool.