Publicly traded insurers are beginning to release their third-quarter 2020 financial results, and DHP has it covered on your subscriber dashboard. Be sure to keep an eye out over the coming weeks as insurers discuss the COVID-19 impact on earnings and plans for next year.
So far, UnitedHealth Group, Anthem, Inc., and Centene Corporation have reported their earnings, citing varying degrees of optimism and success; for many insurers, the issue of deferred care has been a point of financial strength so far, but that trend appears to be fading.
Meanwhile, CMS released its annual Medicare Advantage star ratings, and the newsfeed has extensive coverage, in addition to other developments. Topics include:
• Intermountain Healthcare, Sanford Health Announce Intent to Combine
• Pandemic Could Contribute to ACA Exchanges’ Rising Stability
• If Elected, Biden Could Face Tough Choices on New Waivers
• Individual Market’s Growing Pains Hit Unsubsidized Hardest
• Increased Weights, Cut Points Likely Led to Drop in 2021 Stars
• Average MA Star Ratings Fall; United, Anthem See Big Drops
Need more help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about how to use or interpret the information provided to you in AIS’s Directory of Health Plans. A member of AIS Health’s support staff would be happy to provide a free demonstration of the website for clients needing more guidance on how to best use this tool.