The AIS Data Team will be posting third quarter 2018 data to the subscriber dashboard in December, replacing the current second quarter 2018 data. That means this month is the time to download any second quarter data you’d like to keep for comparison and analysis purposes.
We can already tell you that we will be consolidating the following insurers, based on third-quarter 2018 public filings that indicate that the acquired entities’ enrollment has been absorbed into the parent:
• Fidelis Care, Inc. (204) has been consolidated in Centene Corporation (1543);
• Meridian Health Plan records (251 and 1713) have been consolidated into WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (206); and
• Peoples Health (590) has been consolidated into UnitedHealthcare (1263).
DHP’s third-quarter 2018 update will reflect these consolidations.
The past month has seen many developments in the industry; publicly traded insurers have reported third-quarter financial results as open enrollment begins for Medicare Advantage and public exchanges. Be sure to follow the Newsfeed for more on these developments. Recent topics include:
Insurers Report 3Q2018 Financials, Updates on M&A Activity
• WellCare Reports 3Q18 Results; Meridian Acquisition Boosts MA, Medicaid Enrollment
• Amid 3Q Results, Insurers Discuss Medicare, Exchanges, Tech
• For Third Quarter, Centene Touts Exchange Business, Fidelis Care
• UnitedHealth Touts Broad Strategies in Solid 3Q Earnings
• CVS/Aetna Deal Gets Conditional DOJ Approval; Companies Make CFO Switch
Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Begins with Expansion, New Insurers
• Aetna Adds 358 New Counties, Six States to 2019 MA Offerings
• Devoted Health Launches MA Plans in Florida
• BayCare Health Plans Begins Florida MA Enrollment
• Humana Launches MA Plans in New Jersey
• Regional Snapshot: New Plans Pop Up in Miami, Rivals Gear Up to Compete in Western Pennsylvania
• With More Plans, Lower Premiums, CMS Projects MA Growth
Insurer Strategies and Challenges for Public Exchanges and Beyond
• Best Case Scenario Is Keeping Exchange Enrollment at ’18 Level
• Experts: Public Plan Proposals Are All Bad News for Insurers
• As Profitability Rises, Insurers Boost ACA Exchange Presence
Need more help? Contact email@example.com with questions about how to use or interpret the information provided to you in AIS’s Directory of Health Plans.