The AIS Data Team has posted new data to the subscriber dashboard Online Search Tool and In-App Download Enrollment Data Spreadsheets. This data primarily reflects second-quarter 2019 status; all related in-app downloads and special reports now reflect the most recent data available.
In addition, since our last update:
• Centene Corporation (#1543) gained nearly 95,000 commercial risk and ASO lives following its spring 2019 acquisition of QCA Health Plan, Inc. (#356). In the first quarter, the database separated both records under the Centene parent, but because Centene is now including QCA’s business lines in its quarterly reported, we have consolidated the records.
• UnitedHealthcare (#1263) left the Iowa managed Medicaid and SCHIP markets; its more than 280,000 members were divided between Anthem’s (#1264) Amerigroup subsidiary and market entrant Centene’s Iowa Total Care subsidiary.
• Highmark Health (#286) subsidiary West Virginia Family Health departed the West Virginia managed Medicaid market on June 30, 2019. Its 58,000 members went to existing contracts from Aetna (#1359), Anthem and The Health Plan (fka The Health Plan of the Upper Ohio Valley, Inc.; #39).
• AmeriHealth Caritas Family of Companies (#1007) entered the New Hampshire managed Medicaid market with 3,349 new members.
Notable changes from the first quarter include the following name changes, consolidations and departures:
• HSA Health Insurance Company (#1874) rebranded to MotivHealth. Its MCO Name is now MotivHealth (fka HSA Health Insurance Company);
• Community Care Alliance of Illinois (#1791) was consolidated into Clear Spring Health (#1941) following its acquisition in May 2019;
• Constellation Health (#1823), a Medicare Advantage plan in Puerto Rico, was removed from the database after CMS’s June 30, 2019, cancellation of Constellation's Medicare contracts after the company was liquidated;
• QCA Health Plan, Inc. (#356) was consolidated into Centene Corporation following its April 2019 acquisition (see above).
For this update, we added two new MCOs:
• Clear Spring Health (#1941), a provider of Medicare Advantage plans in select counties of Colorado, Illinois, North Carolina, and Virginia. Clear Spring Health acquired Community Care Alliance of Illinois (#1791) in May 2019; and
• Missouri Medicare Select (#1977), a privately owned insurer that offers Medicare Advantage HMO-SNP plans to Missouri residents.
Need more help? Contact email@example.com with questions about how to use or interpret the information provided to you in AIS’s Directory of Health Plans. A member of AIS Health’s support staff would be happy to provide a free demonstration of the website for clients needing more guidance on how to best use this tool.